Distracted Driving Accident Lawyers in Johnson City
Fighting for Victims Injured by Careless Drivers in East Tennessee
Accidents from distracted driving happen every day, and the consequences can be devastating. 10 percent of the 65,000 fatal accidents that occurred in the United States between 2010 and 2011 involved at least one of the drivers being distracted, according to an analysis of data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. If you or a loved one were injured in a serious car accident because another driver was careless, call the Johnson City distracted driving accident lawyers at Meade Law Group for a free consultation about how to fight for the compensation you need to recover from those losses.
Call (423) 464-7779 now or contact Meade Law Group online for a free consultation about your case.
While the consequences of using a cell phone while driving can be deadly, cell phone use behind the wheel is not the biggest distraction for drivers. At Meade Law Group, we encourage all drivers to avoid distractions. It’s important to focus on driving to keep yourself and others on the road safe.
The top 10 distractions involved in deadly car accidents are:
- Daydreaming or being “lost in thought” – 62 percent
- Using a cell phone for things like talking, listening, dialing, or texting – 12 percent
- Distraction from an outside person, object or event, sometimes referred to as “rubbernecking” – 7 percent
- Talking with or looking at other people in the car – 5 percent
- Using or reaching for a device in the car such as a navigational unit or headphones – 2 percent
- Eating or drinking – 2 percent
- Adjusting a stereo or climate controls – 2 percent
- Using other controls in the vehicle such as adjusting a rear-view mirror or seats – 1 percent
- A pet, insect or other object is moving inside the vehicle – 1 percent
- Smoking, including lighting up or putting ashes in the ashtray – 1 percent
Contact Meade Law Group Today
If you or a loved one was involved in a distracted driver accident in Tennessee, you may be entitled to compensation. Don’t hesitate to contact Meade Law Group for a free consultation with an experienced car accident attorney. We are dedicated to helping victims obtain the compensation and closure they deserve.
Call us today at (423) 464-7779.