Johnson City Probation Violation Attorneys
Defending Your Rights with Tenacity & Skill
A conviction of Violating Probation usually carries with it jail time as punishment for not following an agreed-upon sentence. The amount of jail time could potentially be up to the full extent of the original sentence, depending on a variety of factors, including but not limited to how many prior violations, the nature and extent of the violation, and many other factors.
It is especially important to have a skilled, aggressive Johnson City probation violation attorney when charged with violating your probation, as your freedom is at stake. Meade Law Group is ready and able to minimize or even eliminate the time you spend behind bars as a result of your violation.
Contact us today to find out more about how we can help you!
Some of the most common probation violations include:
- Failure to appear in court when ordered
- Failure to report to your probation officer on time
- Failure to perform community service
- Possession of a firearm
- Failing a drug or alcohol test
- Refusal to attend mandatory treatment or counseling sessions
- Leaving the state or city without permission
- Committing another crime
- Failure to obey restrictions or curfews
- Associating with known felons
How to Fight a Motion to Revoke Probation
Facing a motion to revoke your probation can be incredibly intimidating situation. However, understanding what the process involves and being proactive with your defense can help immensely in the long run.
- The first step is researching the state laws that pertain to your case and reaching out to an experienced attorney for legal advice.
- The next step is organizing at least two credible character witnesses who can testify on your behalf during the hearing.
- Thirdly, consider gathering evidence such as proof of employment, doctor's records or any other documents that could demonstrate the positive changes you've made since receiving your probation. If it's in your power, remain compliant with the terms and conditions of your probation and work closely with your lawyer to prepare a compelling statement prior to going before the judge.
Although fighting a motion to revoke probation typically requires a lot of hard work, dedication and collaboration you could be successful in winning your motion if you prepare accordingly.
Defenses Against Probation Violation Charges
There are several ways we can help to reduce the charges against you, or sometimes even have them dismissed altogether. We can argue that the probation violation was unintentional, that you went to great lengths to ensure that you obeyed regulations, that this is your first probation offense, or even that you were innocent and that there is not sufficient evidence to prove that you violated your probation.
Meade Law Group Can Help You
Our dedicated team of Johnson City probation violation lawyers have decades of experience and are willing to put in the time and effort to fight for your case aggressively. We understand what is at stake and take our responsibility to you and your family seriously.
Call us today at (423) 464-7779 to schedule an appointment with our highly skilled legal team and get the first-class representation you deserve.