Rely on a focused Tennessee burn injury lawyer
Burn injuries are painful and can result in disfigurement, as well as long-term emotional suffering. If you or a loved one sustained a serious burn injury as a result of someone’s negligence, an attorney at Meade Law Group is prepared to discuss your legal options. Call (423) 464-7779 now. You may be entitled to compensation for your losses. A Tennessee burn injury lawyer with our firm may be able to help you negotiate the settlement you deserve or take the case to trial if necessary. House fires account for many burn injuries. In some cases, the landlord may be responsible. For example, a landlord may have neglected to fix faulty wiring that sparked a fire. In such a case, the landlord may be responsible in a premises liability case.
Examples of Burn Injuries
The following are some different types of burn injuries:
- Contact with fire or flame: A car accident or explosion at a factory may cause a thermal burn.
- Contact with chemicals: Some defective products may cause a chemical burn. A chemical burn injury also may be a result of inhalation of toxic fumes.
- Contact with scalding liquid: An example of a scalding burn injury is contact with extremely hot water coming from a tap. Business owners and landlords may be negligent for failing to maintain a safe water heater temperature (less than 120 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Electrical burns: This type of injury may be the result of a defective product, such as a malfunctioning toaster.
First to Fourth Degree Burns
The severity of burn injuries is measured in degrees:
- First degree burns include minor pain and redness of the skin.
- Second degree burns include blisters and superficial destruction of the dermis.
- Third degree burns extend into the deeper tissue, causing destruction of both the epidermis and the dermis.
- Fourth degree burns destroy the skin and sometimes damage muscle, fascia or bone.
How a Tennessee burn injury attorney can help
If you have suffered a burn injury, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact Meade Law Group for the knowledgeable representation you need and the personal attention you deserve. A Johnson City burn injury attorney in Tennessee is prepared to investigate every detail to reveal the truth and hold the appropriate parties responsible. Your initial consultation is free and confidential. You don’t pay us any fees unless you win. Call (423) 464-7779 today.