Truck Driver and Trucking Company Liability
Our lawyers can pursue maximum compensation after a truck accident
A trucking company may attempt to avoid truck accident liability by contracting drivers independently instead of hiring them as employees. If an accident occurs, truck company attorneys may argue that the negligent driver is at fault, not the company they represent. This is just one of many complexities in an accident case involving truck driver and trucking company liability — we’ll help you get to the bottom of it, and fight hard for the full settlement you deserve. Learn more today. Call a Johnson City truck accident lawyer: (423) 464-7779.
Sorting out complicated insurance policies and legal liability issues
Another tactic a trucking company may use to shield itself from truck accident liability is using a third-party logistics company to broker transportation service. This further removes the truck company from the conduct of the individual commercial truck driver. We will investigate every detail to reveal the truth and hold the appropriate parties responsible.
This includes examination of:
- Trucking company hiring practices and background checks
- Truck driver logs recording the total number of hours they are on the road
- Trucking company maintenance records
- History of any past safety violation, on or off the road
- The conduct of parties responsible for safely loading whatever is being hauled
- The truck’s “black box” that records speed and other factors
An experienced Tennessee truck accident attorney
Now is the time to contact our office about your truck or tractor trailer accident. Call (423) 464-7779. At Meade Injury Law Group, the initial consultation is free, and delay may affect your right to seek compensation. We understand how you and your loved ones are suffering and are prepared to help.